November 30, 2009

A new/old Christmas tradition. Une vielle/nouvelle tradition de Noel.

This past Sunday, my friend and I decorated out gingerbread house...well tree this year. Although the kids were gone once we started icing the tree. Nice. Here we are trying to make a family tradition for them and they leave us to play! Sheesh! Oh well. We each had soda to give us some extra energy. lol

I have to say it was so much easier to assemble a tree. No need to wait for the icing to set for each wall. No collapsing roof to worry about. The kids did help a bit but who are we kidding?! They only care for the end result.

Here's my kids "helping" out at first. Sorry for the bad photos. I was playing with the settings and didn't put them back as before.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The end product. My friend's is the one with the snowman.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here she is with her daughter.

Photobucket

My attempt at a family photo after so many tries.

Photobucket

Here's what the last photo looked like after many tries. lol My friend said it captures the real people. soupir

Photobucket

Next year I'll do it again but this time, there's going to be food for us moms. Forget the kids! lol

A Bientot!

3 comments:

Angel said...

That is so much fun, spending quality time with the kids, doing something together. I'm sure it's also pretty tiring but the outcome of it is just gorgeous! And edible too! Yum!

Wanda said...

I love it! What fun....think we'll have to try that. Too cute.

Tracy said...

I love the project and it turned out great! The pics are cute and any Mom, like me, with more than one kid, knows how hard group pics are. Have a wonderful day!

 

Montrealaise en Californie | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates