September 16, 2010

Finit!

I finally finished my daughter's new desk. It's been out of her room so that it could cure longer and let the smell out. Oil base = nasty strong smell. This was the first time that I painted a real piece of furniture (not a stoll or a small piece of wood). This was also laminate so just a tad more work than a wood furniture.  I used one coat of an oil based primer (Zinsser), 3 coats of latex paint and one clear coat to protect the furniture.
 
My daughter was so excited in getting her own desk and chair. I couldn't find the perfect knob or her desk so I just painted the old one in hot pink. The chair I got at Ikea. It's perfect! 
 
Here's the before picture. It was rom Craigslist.
The after.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Now I need to decorate that part of the wall for her. lol A mom's job is never done. I know what to do so now I need to hunt things down and spray paint may get involved once again.

A Bientot!

P.S. I laughed when I saw part of the Portuguese flag peaking in the last photo. Can anyone find it???

1 comments:

Célia Novais Rosado said...

I did, I did! I found the peaking flag!!!

Mas eu sou suspeita para falar dela...

Beijos!

 

Montrealaise en Californie | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates