December 4, 2008

Boules de neige (snowballs)

Living in the lower part Northern California, we don't get snow. We get hail, and I remember a few years back some snow flurries. My coworkers said that many many year ago, it did snow here. Well I haven't seen anymore flurries but I still wanted snow for Christmas. What's a girl to do??!!
Last year I bought some fake snow since I wanted to use it around the house as a decoration. Never happened. So this year I decided to make something. I was thinking of making a snowman but decided on snowballs instead. It's very easy to make them. It's just very messy!

Here's what you need to start. White Styrofoam balls (whatever size you want), fake snow (I actually used 1 1/2 bags), adhesive spray, latex gloves (learn the hardway at first), wooden skewer and a paper bag or box.

Photobucket

So first put your gloves on. Very important. Now dump half the snow into the bag or box. I notice that the resident fake snow starts to clumps so use a little at a time.

Photobucket

Now poke your styro ball into the skewer and spray some adhesive on it. (this photo was taken after I got smart)

Photobucket

Now put your Styro ball inside the bag and make sure it is well coated. I would squish the snow into the ball before taking it out.

Shake off the excess and let it dry.

Photobucket

Photobucket

See what happens when you don't use gloves? Messy and sticky.

Photobucket

Now if I didn't have a 3 year old boy that loves to play with anything, I would have it inside but I can't. It's outside right now. I'm thinking of putting them in a red pail that I have instead of that golden sleigh. This is a quick project that looks cute and festive I think.

Photobucket

Photobucket

A Bientot!

0 comments:

 

Montrealaise en Californie | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates