July 27, 2008

Nouvelle recette

I wanted to try making something new and different for our Sunday breakfast. My kids love pancakes but I wanted something else besides adding fruit to it. In comes German type pancakes. I got this recipe from Make and Take blog. They call it Pop Up Pancakes. It requires alot of eggs and is more liquid-y than regular pancakes. In the recipe, she used a blender to mix the ingredients. I wanted to try it too and it worked.
Here's what they looked like in the oven.

Photobucket


Once out and ready to be eaten.
Photobucket

Hmm homemade strawberry jam with fresh strawberries and a bit of powdered sugar. Yum!

Photobucket


Photobucket



Kids and hubby loved it! Especially my son who ate 3 of those! Next time I will make them in mini muffin pans for the kids. Easier for them to eat it I think. You can taste the eggs in this recipe but it was pretty tasty. It is not sweet since it gets no sugar in it. This is not a light pancake since it requires 6 eggs but it was delish with jam or maple syrup! Here's the recipe excerpt from the blog in case you want to try it yourself.

Pop Up Pancake Recipe - makes 24 muffins or fills a 9×13 baking pan
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
6 eggs
1/4 cup melted butter
dash salt
Preheat oven at 400*


I like to blend all the ingredients in my blender. I have tried to whisk it or even use the electic mixer, but it seems to get the most smooth with a blender. Then grease your muffin tins or baking pan. My mom likes to bake these in a jelly roll pan.

Bake them for 15 minutes, or until puffy and golden on top. Use a knife to pry them out, hopefully they were greased well enough and should pop right out.
Now they are ready for toppings. I love syrup, powdered sugar, and fruit.

Bon Appetit!

1 comments:

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

I've never heard of these! They look fun AND delicious. My kids would love them. Thanks! -Julia :-)

 

Montrealaise en Californie | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates