July 21, 2008

Vente de garage

I don't go to garage sales. There!
I have in the past but I mostly see junky old furniture (plywood, mdf) or rusted pots and pans. I'm sure some people find good stuff but I rarely do. Until this Saturday.
I decided to go to a 5300 sq ft Estate Sale (I guess Estate sale is nicer than Garage sale, non?) I went and boy did the people do some damage to the house. Stains on the carpets everywhere, nicks on cabinets and wooden doors, sheesh! It was the last weekend sale for them since they had a few before that. Mostly furniture that didn't sell and a few computers that were maybe too old? I found nothing there since it wasn't my taste (overly ornate home decorations but were cheap, you know?) I went to another one close by and there I found a box. No fancy decorations on it, doesn't play music, etc. Just a regular wooden cigar box. I loved it! Wanted to take it home with me. Not sure what I'll do with it but its built very nicely and will stay in my bedroom. Don't want little hands breaking it. Call me crazy but I think it's beautiful.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

I couldn't make the labels visible (camera isn't that great) but I wonder if anyone knows something about the company. Anyone?

A bientot!

0 comments:

 

Montrealaise en Californie | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates