October 7, 2008

Filet de porc asiatique

Do you have a favorite cut of meat when cooking? Mine is tenderloin or filet. I was mostly raised with filets (daddy was a butcher) and that's probably why I like cooking with them. You can't mess a tenderloin..unless you really try to. They're not that expensive if you wait for a sale. I usually pay about $4.99 a pound. I don't like buying those marinated ones. Salty! Blech! You can easily use your favorite marinade or sauce. The best part about a tenderloin? You don't have to tenderize the meat. It's so soft that a knife is optional.

Here's my recipe for an Asian BBQ style pork tenderloin.

Photobucket

1 1/2 Lbs Pork tenderloin (comes in 2 usually)
1/8 Tsp Salt
1/8 Tsp Black pepper
4 TBSP Hoisin sauce
4 TBSP Ketchup
4 TBSP Soy sauce (I prefer Tamari)
2 TBSP Chili garlic sauce
2 cloves Garlic, minced (from a jar is fine)
2 Tsp Fresh ginger, crushed (from a jar if you don't have fresh is fine)

Preheat oven to 350. Heat a large skillet or oven proof skillet over medium high heat. Sprinkle pork wth salt & pepper. Add pork to pan; cook for 2 minutes on all sides. Remove pork from pan if skillet is not oven proof. All you want in this step is to sear it. Not cook it completely.

Photobucket

Combine hoisin, ketchup, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, garlic and ginger in a small bowl.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Spread about 1 TBSP of sauce mixture at the bottom of the oven proof skillet or baking dish. Add pork in the baking dish. Pour about 2 TBSP of sauce over pork. Spread sauce all over

Photobucket.

Photobucket

Cook at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until the meat will reach 160 internally (it will continue to cook even out of the oven). Let stand for 5-10 minutes before slicing pork. I have mine reach at 176 and it's still juicy. Just look!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

You know. I wonder if maybe I shouldn't share my recipes. Then where's the mystique? Le secret in my cooking? Now everyone that I know will start cooking and I won't be looked upon as a Domestic Diva anymore. Just a Diva. Well I guess it's not that bad!

Girl 5

Bon Appetit!

0 comments:

 

Montrealaise en Californie | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates