December 10, 2008

Virtual Holiday Home Tour Party!

Photobucket

Notes from A Cottage Industry is having a Holiday Tour party. If you love looking at decorated homes for Christmas or maybe looking for a good recipe, go and check out her site. Other bloggers are participating.

For those of you that are new, Bienvenue. We'll be doing a small walk thru at my home. Get yourself comfy and let the tour begin!

This is my home. I forgot to add the lighted trees outside but will out them up tonight. I decorated my outside garland yesterday too since it looked too bland before.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My now decorated garland.

Photobucket

Photobucket

At night.

Photobucket

This is my foyer. Nothing too spectacular. Keeping it simple.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My stairs.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My Christmas tree and village. The village under the tree is a Portuguese tradition.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My favorite ornaments.

Photobucket

Little decorations on my living room coffee table. I got this candy/compote dish at a yard sale for $1 because it was tarnished. Not anymore thanks to a certain product!

Photobucket

Now we head for my dining room.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

On our way to my family room we make a pit stop at the small niche just before it. My children's Advent Calendar. This is my first year in doing it and they are loving this new tradition!

Photobucket

My mantle in my family room. Once again, keeping it simple since I have small little hands to deal with.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We then past my kitchen nook and my lovely chandelier!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Little corner at my kitchen counters.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

To my powder room we go.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is our entrance to the garage. The door also have a jingle wreath. Makes a great sound alarm when little ones go to the garage without your permission. lol Winky

Photobucket

And to finish my tour, a cute little pillow.

Photobucket

I hope you enjoyed my tour. Want more holiday tours? Head out to the party and go check other bloggers!

A Bientot!

31 comments:

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Your home is lovely. I always hang bells from the front doorknob. My kids (now grown & on their own)alwasy complain about it...saying how hard it was, when they lived at home, to sneak in late w/ those "dang bells". *grins* Happy Holidays!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Thanks for the tour...your home is beautiful.
I have to assume that with a blog name like Montrealaise that you from Montreal? Me too (Baie d'Urfe to be exact)...though now England is home. All the best for the holidays :o)

Beneath the Eaves said...

Your home is beautiful. I too have sliegh bells on my front door.
I love them.
Thank you for sharing your home
Have a great holiday.
Debra

Essential Oil Premier University said...

You have a lovely home. Thank you for the tour.

Merry CHRISTmas!!

Blessings,

Sher

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful home and it is decorated beautifully. Thanks for the tour. The music is nice too and I like your virtual snow. I have that on my blog. I live in the desert so I enjoy that snow even if it isn't real.
Charlotte

Anonymous said...

What a great tour! I love your christmas tree, all the ornaments and of course the village. Everything looks great.

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Everything is lovely. I liked how you showed the outside too. It looks wonderful....I can tell you spent alot of time making things just so. It was well worth it! Have a lovely Christmas!
Blessings,
Debbie

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Thanks for joining the blog party! I loved your tour. There are tons of great decorating ideas here. I've never seen ornaments hung over a mirror like that. And I was intrigued by the Portuguese tradition of putting the village under the tree. How fun. My daughter would LOVE that.

The way you decorated your chandelier was really lovely, too. Thanks again for playing along! -Julia :-)

Gigi said...

I love all the poinsettias on your porch! Your house is beautiful.

Courtney said...

Very pretty home and love your Christmas decor. My favorite has to be that cute little advent calendar... great idea!

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Ack! I love it all! Are those snowballs in the sled on the porch? Adorable!

Free Art Printables said...

You have a beautiful home! I love those drapes in your dining room! where did you get them? Love your front door!

angela | the painted house said...

I love the village under the tree! I would get nothing done around the house if I had that to arrange and rearrange all day to my heart's content!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Le said...

wow your foyer is divine - I love the words and the mirror combo - ever so delightful - thanks for sharing le

Hopechest Bride said...

Your home has wonderful Curb Appeal. I love your Christmas decorations. Simply Beautiful.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I love the silhouettes of the women. So elegant. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

So many gorgeous things - especially love the words on the tree in the hall (foyer).

Hope you get a chance to visit my Northern Ireland blog.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Rhondi said...

Hi
Thanks for visiting me. Your tree and nativity are beautiful. Actually everything is! I love the little mittens advent calendar. I am a displaced Canadian too,living in North Carolina.
Merry Christmas
Rhondi

Amy said...

Love it! Very inviting and very festive. Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

You have a lovely large home inside and out! How nice to be able to put live poinsettias outside. : )
Your tree and little village are amazing and fun to look at. You have lots of special touches.
Merry Christmas!
Come on over for a visit.

Robin said...

Hi, I came via Hooked on Houses (I'm tour #60) and I love your foyer decorations, so festive and elegant! Joyeux Noel!

Anonymous said...

LOVE all of the poinsettias. I don't have enough of those here. I'm #94.

Angela said...

LOVE the berries on the chandelier! I may steal that idea. =^) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Jessica said...

I love your home. It is all so beautiful.

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

You have a beautiful home...thanks for the tour. I especially love the advent mittens. Too sweet. Merci pour votre visite a mon blog (and I apologize for the very poor Grade 10 French, lol).

Anonymous said...

Bonjour and merci! Your home is beautiful, I particularly love the dishes in your kitchen. Thank you for inviting me into your home and thank you for visiting mine. Joyeux Noel! ~Arleen

Anonymous said...

Your home is really beautiful! Thank you for the sweet comment, which reminds me that I should post close ups of all the goodies on the mantel. Happy Holidays!

Lamp Tramp said...

What a lovely home you have. Your kitchen looks amazing as do your Chraitmas lovelies.

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Very festive and glowing with red and green! Even the bathroom. Perfect!!

Holly said...

Everything looks so pretty! I love the garland on the banister.
Thanks for visiting my blog!

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Your home is beautiful...so warm and inviting. I love the garland up the stairs, the garland and wreath on front door, the advent calendar...I love that you decorated so many rooms in your home.
Thanks for visiting my home...
Happy holidays!

 

Montrealaise en Californie | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates