January 5, 2009

New bundle of joy!

We have a new member into our family! No, not a baby although I wouldn't be so opposed to one. Hehehe, hubby would have a heart attack if I brought one home ! lol

After dinner, we went to Costco to get my vacuum. I searched, did some research, used what knowledge I had on a certain brand, had some personal experiences and listened to others with that brand to help me make a decision. On our way to pay, a lady yelled out that we will love our new vacuum. That she had one and her sister (that was there) also bought one after seeing her sisters'. lol I think that made hubby even more happy hearing that strangers loved it too. hihihi

And here is it!
And here I am hugging it and telling it we're home.

I also did a test to see how much it would pick up. We vacuum 2-3 times a week since I have a dog and like things clean. So here is the rug I vacuumed with my Old Eureka vacuum. It's not sucking like it did before but still picks up some things.
Here's the end result. The pile on the left is from my old vacuum and the one on the right is from the new one. Kinda surprised but like I said, my vacuum was losing suction power. Tomorrow I am going to have some fun vacuuming my whole house. Upstairs shouldn't be too bad since our Sandy doesn't go up the stairs.
And in case you think I took a photo with my vacuum because of this blog, you are wrong. I take photos with every new appliances that we get. lol Don't believe me? Here's some photos from the past. Some of my friends will remember these photos. Be prepared to laugh out loud. Yes, I am a freak when it comes to new appliances. Welcome to what my hubby has to live with everyday!

This was the new fridge that we bought (and returned twice) for our old home. Our first fridge broke down 2 times within 6 months (it was about 5 years old) and the repair guy said not to bother anymore. So we got the LG but it kept leaking water from the water dispenser. I really liked it better than my current one but function over beauty. My daughter was about 3 years old then.

My washer was leaking and the repair guy (different one) said to forget it. It wasn't an expensive one so it didn't make sense to have it repaired for half of it's worth with no garantee. Love my washer/dryer! I love this photo of my daughter. Looks like she's trying to make a gang sign? LOLAhhh! I'm in love!

Hope those last photos made you laugh or smile a bit.

A Bientot!

8 comments:

jenbusymom said...

You really did make me laugh! How cute are you! We are undergoing many home renovations at the moment and we just ordered our appliances last week. We did order an LG fridge though and now I'm worried!

Domestic Goddess..Diva sometimes said...

Jenbusymom, thanks! :) I can't remember which model it was. We bought it from Best Buy but the water dispenser kept leaking from the bottom seam. You can imagine a streak of water running on stainless steel. Not good! Just make sure it doesn't leak when the water is connected. :) It does get good reviews. We probably got a bad model and I'm sure it's been fixed by then. Have fun with LG! Take a pic! ;)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, a blast from the past! :D Congrats on your new addition!

Jack said...

You are so silly and I so totally get you! LOL!! Enjoy vacuuming tomorrow!

~Corey said...

HA! I've seen those before. Congrats on the new vacuum. Here's me playing you with my new fridge.
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c186/coreydavidson/house%20pix/?action=view&current=me_n_my_frig.jpg

kimberly said...

You are so fun! Congrats on the new addition. How exciting and I was tickled to see how much MORE the Dyson got. I hear they are worth the money!
The pictures from the past are great. I can't believe and little Samantha was and she seemed so big at the time.
And thanks for my Christmas card. I've wanted to write you all dec. and say thanks. I read your BLOG often.
Kim

Domestic Goddess..Diva sometimes said...

Ah Corey! I remember that pic too. I knew I wasn't the only nut from the bunch. ;)

Yes, I am silly but it makes people smile so my job was accomplished. I'de rather make people smile than cry. ;)

Domestic Goddess..Diva sometimes said...

Kim, whenever I see those photos of Chris and Jenna, it brings me back to those years. We sure had chunky monkeys. ;) Now we have mostly monkeys. :( To get those years back...

 

Montrealaise en Californie | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates