January 20, 2009

Quelle semaine! What a week!

As most of you know, last week was quite a week for our family. Our Sandy (dog) got hurt while playing ball with me. She was close to not being with us but I fought for her life. She's feeling much better. Not so much in pain anymore. She can now wag her tail and can stand with almost no assistance. Her right hind leg is still limp/stiff. I massage it and flex it just so the muscle doesn't stiffen up for her. Here's a photo of her and myself the day after she came home. Sorry for the bad quality. It was from my web cam.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This weekend was also busy with a playdate, errands, playing in the snow and baking. I was feeling so good that I decided to make strawberry jam and bake some dinner rolls. Froze all of the jam except for one, and froze half the rolls.

Photobucket

Yesterday, hubby stopped at the library to drop our books and his car stalled on his way to work. Shoot! It needed new brakes too and now this?! We were going to get a car this year for him but we decided it might as well be now. Hubby knew what car he wanted so it was only the matter of finding it. Yesterday we went to the dealership and came home with a "new"certified pre-owned car. We don't buy new. We are too nerdy to get one since a car loses money once it steps out of the lot. He got a 2007 so it's not too old but we didn't "lose" money if that makes any sense to you guys. So we are now Tuesday and hopefully nothing else will happen. lol

I am still happy that in all of my married life, only 2 bad things happened to us. Death of my bird and Sandy's accident. I say that's pretty good considering I've been married for almost 9 years. For whatever reason, faith wanted me to learn something from these events. I learned that for love, I will do anything in my power. I also learned about keeping faith. I do understand that trying to be a good person doesn't guarantee a perfect life but in the back of my mind, I thought it kinda does. I have a blessed life and thought that my actions were the consequences of how we live. Now I'm not so sure but for whatever reason, it was meant for a reason.

Anything that ever happened to you that later made sense? Has something good come out of something bad? I would love it if you guys would share.

A Bientot!

2 comments:

Jack said...

So glad to see Sandy feeling better, and you so very content.

My defining moments were my micarriages. They were completely unexpected (are they ever planned, though) and so traumatic at the time. Yet I ended up with three beautiful and healthy children here with me. So everything for a reason; we may not know at the time, but we will someday. Great post, Nancy! Great thinking...

Domestic Goddess..Diva sometimes said...

Oh Suzanne! I'm sure miscarriages are quite traumatic. I'm afraid I wouldn't do so well if it ever happened to me.

You do have 3 beautiful and healthy children. They were your silver lining. :) Thank you for sharing.

 

Montrealaise en Californie | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates