April 13, 2009

Egg Hunt. Chasse aux oeufs.

On Easter, we do not do baskets. We do chocolate animals and an egg hunt. As a child, we only got a chocolate character (bunny, barbie, hockey player, lol) and went to church. That's it. Here, I am noticing baskets with toys. Hmm different but not for us. I do like the idea of an egg hunt though so I will added that to our Easter family tradition. Before they woke up, I put 3 eggs in front of their bedroom door. That should hold them off until the egg hunt.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I tried taking a photo of them together. Not an easy task but I got a somewhat decent one.

Photobucket

I invited my friend's daughter to come over and participate in the egg hunt. I woke up early and hid the eggs at 5:45am. lol Man, the grass is wet and the air is chilly at that time. The things I do for my kids! My kids kept asking when the egg hunt will start. Kept telling them to wait until my friend's daughter arrived.

Once she arrived, they were all ready with their baskets. I let the toddlers go 5 seconds before my daughter. She was NOT happy but it was only fair to the little ones. And off they went!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hmm, I guess that is what happens when you hide an egg early in the morning. Must of disturbed the slugs sleeping.

Photobucket

And here they are checking out the loot. Some eggs had mini chocolate eggs, jelly beans (courtesy of my friend) candy and coins. I think they had fun and were high on sugar all day!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I forgot to tell my kids to put their empty eggs out at night so that the Easter bunny can take them back for next year. We've been doing this since my son was born. This way, I would have to deal with dozens of eggs all over my home! hihihi

A Bientot!

0 comments:

 

Montrealaise en Californie | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates