June 20, 2009

Pork Chops in a Maple Mustard Glaze.

I was a bit late in making dinner tonight so I needed a quick meal. I had some pork chops in the fridge so I decided to grill those. My daughter loves pork for some reason and whatever meal is guaranteed to fill her up is ok by me! It's quick and will take about 30 mins from start to finish. Lets go hog wild! Yeah yeah. Lame. Ok, let's grill!

Ingredients.

6-8 Pork chops, about 1" think *I had thin cuts so maybe 1/2"? Cooks faster.
1/2 cup Dark amber maple syrup
1/4 cup Dijon mustard or brown mustard
1/4 cup Apple cider
1 1/2 tsp Cumin
1/2 Small onion, chopped finely
Salt and Pepper
Olive oil

Get the grill started.

In a small saucepan, mix the maple syrup, mustard, cumin, onion and apple cider. Cook for about 2 mins.

Oil the grill. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Now grill while basting them in your glaze. Depending how thick the chops are will the cooking time vary. A thin cut will take about 6 minutes while a thicker cut might take 10 mins. Once cooked, set aside.

Disregard the glaze! Please do not reuse. If you would like to use the glaze after the cooking, before basting the raw meat, pour the glaze in a separate small bowl. This way it won't get tainted by any raw juices. This will save you a trip to the bathroom or worse, hospital.

Not only do they look great but taste just as good. My daughter eats 2 chops now. Looks like I better buy more pork chops.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Bon Appetit!

0 comments:

 

Montrealaise en Californie | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates