July 13, 2009

At the lake.

On Sunday, we went to a nearby lake with my father-in-law. This was my first time at this lake. For local readers, it's at Lake Natoma in Folsom. The weather was nice. A bit sunny with some nice winds.

Photobucket

Once there we had a picnic and enjoyed watching people row in their kayaks, long surfboards?, peddle with some sort of funny floater, sailing or just plain old SWIM across! Oh dear lord! This is a lake people not the beach. Those swimmers must be athlete to do this.

Photobucket

We just stuck to the edge of the lake before the lake gets really deep.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We were feeding the ducks and less than 3 mins, all the geese came to feed to! lol

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My son dropped a huge chunk of bread into the water. It was a feeding frenzy between 2 geese! lol

Photobucket

What surprised me was my Sandy. She drank some water and then step into the water. My dog. The one that is TERRIFIED of water. She went as deep as half her legs. She seemed to enjoy the cool water though.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We then went for a walk up the dog trail. It was nice and peaceful. We saw some people that were fishing at the edge. Sandy kept leaving her mark everywhere. Just how much pee does a dog have after it goes potty? Where does she store it? lol

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Taking a break while resting her head in the shade. She was tired from the walk.

Photobucket

After a quick snack and rest, we all went home. I got a bit sunburn on my forehead and top of my shoulders. The kids were ok so that's all it matters. We'll be coming again this summer. My father-in-law would like to rent a boat next time. Gulp. For a non swimmer, this scares me. I have been on a boat before but this was years ago. I'm sure my kids would love it though. Maybe next time.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My son took this photo. Hi Grandpa!

Photobucket

How my picnic basket looked like after it got rummaged for any leftover snacks.

Photobucket

Once again, my son took this photo. No idea what I was doing but I sure don't look great. lol My daughter does so that's good. lol

Photobucket

Cool dudes with shades under the shade.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And that's how we spend part of our Sunday. Arrived home and hubby washed my car. Ahh perfect ending to an afternoon.

A Bientot!

2 comments:

Jodee said...

Cute lake pictures!

Reeni said...

It looks like a fun day!

 

Montrealaise en Californie | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates