August 17, 2009

First day of school.

Today, my daughter started first grade. On our way to school, we met up with a friend of mine. Her daughter is going to Kindergarden. As my husband said this morning, a "Historical Moment". lol I took a pic of them together and they were off to meet the teacher.

There was a lot of kids and parents at the black tarp. We were told last week to find your child's class # on a red dot. This morning, no dots. Huh. The teachers used rulers and had a sign attached to them. Guess something must of happened that they had to make a change.

My daughter saw her best friend and went to see her until it was time to stand in line. Once they were heading to their class, all the parents stood away until the kids went inside their class. Then most of the parents looked inside the large class window. lol It reminded me of parents watching their babies in the nursery at the hospital. lol I took a quick peek after some parents left and saw my daughter sitting between 2 boys. None that she knew but her friend was close to her though.

Of course I took some photos. What kind of mom would I be? hihihi

Photobucket

I added a sweet snack so that it's not just healthy.

Photobucket

Strike a pose!

Photobucket

Walking to school with brother.

Photobucket

Her teacher smiling at a mom.

Photobucket

Marching off to class!

Photobucket

Now I'm home with my son and the house is quiet. I hope she's having a good morning and makes a new friend. I'm sure my son will ask about his sister all day until we get to pick her up. It's going to be a loooonnng day indeed!

A Bientot!

2 comments:

lucinda said...

so cute!!!!!

jenbusymom said...

She's too cute, all dressed up for day 1! Mine starts in two weeks, why are we so much later than you guys? Where did kindergarden go so fast?

 

Montrealaise en Californie | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates