June 4, 2010

Blackberry Cobbler.

I love summer! Summer means eating outside, kids playing in the pool, grilling, eating fresh fruit and just soaking up some rays.  It also means making treats for the kids and for myself of course. I have been buying so many kind of berries lately and the last purchase was some blackberries. I decided to make cobbler with them and here's the recipe I used. The one thing I would change is so grease the baking dish. I don't want any yumminess to get stuck at the bottom of the dish.



Ingeridents



2 1/2  cups   Blackberry
1        cup    Flour
1        cup    Sugar
1        cup    Milk
2        tsp    Baking powder
1/2     tsp    Salt
1/2     cup    Melted butter





Preheat the oven to 375.

In a bowl, add the blackberries and the sugar together.  Let the berries macerate or if you are like me, you wait until it's halfway done. lol I couldn't wait any longer.
Photobucket
In a larger bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt and milk. Now add the melted butter and mix until it's well blended.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Now pour the batter into a ungreased baking dish (next time I'll be greasing it). Now spoon the berries on top of the batter.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Bake in the oven for 45-55 minutes. Serve warm with whip cream or some ice cream.  This lasted for about 15 minutes in my house. Yes, it was yummy. 'Nuff said.
Photobucket
Photobucket
This is a great summer dessert. You don't have to use only blackberries for this recipe. Blueberries or raspberries would also be yummy. Mmm raspberries!



Bon Appetit!
Blackberry Cobbler. on FoodistaBlackberry Cobbler.

1 comments:

dragonflydreamer said...

This looks so yummy. I love the photos you post with your recipes, they make me want to try the recipes right away. I love blackberries.

 

Montrealaise en Californie | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates