June 27, 2011

Road Trip 2011

June is almost over! Can you guys believe it??? It seemed to zoom by and that means the kids have been on vacation for just over one month. We have been busy this month with my daughter’s birthday, my birthday, my mil coming to stay with us for an unknown time frame and our first long road trip to Southern California. A pretty busy month indeed

Now I know most people have done road trips but we have never been over 3 ½ hours in a car. All of us suffer with car sickness so it’s always been an issue when it comes to long distance car rides. All of us didn’t get sick once and that was a miracle! The kids slept thru most of it and we never heard “I’m bored. I’m tired. Are we there yet?” Lucky.

We spent some time in San Diego and Anaheim. The weather was cooler than Nor Cal so it was nice. Especially since my city hit 100+ F while it was 75-77F in San Diego. We stayed overnight in Bakersfield and the kids enjoyed the pool. That's it. lol My daughter has my taste and didn't like staying at a motel. lol
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
In San Diego, I loved my view from our room at the Bahia Resort Hotel in San Diego. The bathroom was a bit dated but that’s not what’s important. What was important was the view. Beautifu! And my daughter's first reaction when we got in the room? "Now THIS is muuuuuch better than a motel!" lol Yup! She has her mother's expensive taste. lol
Photobucket
Photobucket
We spent the day at Mission Beach the first day there. Man those waves were crazy! The hubby and kids loved it. I dipped my toes into the ocean and settled back into the beach. Lol Water isn’t my thing but I know everyone else loves it. Hubby even caught some photos of me in not too flattering poses but whatever. I’m in our photo memories for once! Lol When we were tired about how crowded the beach became, we headed back to our room to our own private beach at the Bay. Perfect! Kids played until bedtime and the best part? They probably saw one hour of tv in 2 days only. Simple living. Water and Sand.
Photobucket
Photobucket
The next day we went to Legoland. It’s perfect for young kids but probably not for teenagers. They have a Water Park in it and it was great for my kids. They never been in one and I thought this would be a good start so see how adventurous they are with water slides. My daughter LOVED it while my son wasn’t crazy falling into 3 feet deep of water (he’s just over 43”). We liked the family float rides. I actually preferred sitting down and relaxing. lol
Photobucket
It was a bit chilly in the morning but still sunny.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Strike a pose! lol
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Daddy won a Patrick Star for me!!!
Photobucket
Mommy bought me my unicorn. Yeah, I suck at those games!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We enjoyed some paddle boat at the resort and some beautiful sunsets and sunrises. My daughter collected some shells to bring home. I also took some sand from the beach as a souvenir. Lol I’m a nut, I know!
Photobucket
We left San Diego the next day and headed to Disneyland. It was my son’s first trip there. My daughter’s first trip was when she was 18 months old so technically it’s not her first time but I doubt she remembers it. lol
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We did many of the rides that were open. I was bummed the bobsled one (next to Fantasyland) was closed down. Kids had fun and I know my husband enjoyed some of the rides too. I just enjoyed watching my kids reactions to everything. Being able to give them this gift of a fun vacation brought me happiness. Seeing my kids being nice to each other during those days made me think they do mostly love each other. I just need to forget their once-twice a day fighting. Lol

We ate dinner at Coco’s Bakery and Restaurant and I rested my poor tired feet. The kids and hubby went for a swim at the motel’s pool before we headed out to Disneyland again. We were there until 10:30pm. They got their Disney treats and were knocked out 5 minutes after their heads hit the pillow.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We bided Anaheim goodbye the next morning and drove straight to Nor Cal. Man, we left in the high 60’s and came to 102 degrees. Bleurk! I wanted to go back and have milder temperatures again. lol Would we do a road trip like this again? Not sure. I'm more of a flying type. lol My back and bum was sore from sitting all that time. Guess I'm just prissy. lol  The kids are still talking about the trip so it was worth it.
Photobucket

Do you guys have any trips planned or have gone to already? Are you a road trip kind of gal or a flying type of gal?

A Bientot!






0 comments:

 

Montrealaise en Californie | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates