April 15, 2008

Bon appetit!

I bought 2 packages of chicken wings/drumettes this past Friday. Did not know what to do with them but I felt that I had to buy them. So today I searched online and found a recipe that hubby and the kids might like. Unfortunately, we (as in hubby) don't do spicy. Maybe it's his culture in not eating spicy foods or just him. So I made this recipe and they loved it. This would be great for toddlers aka picky eaters or for a party. They are sticky and sweet. Next time I'll cut 1/4 of the sugar content and see how that goes. Here's some pictures of it. We ate about half until I remembered to take a picture. Doh! Not bad if I say so myself. :)

Photobucket

Ooohhhh I love this close-up one!
Photobucket


Here's the recipe too. I got it from allrecipes.com. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as my family did. Bon appetit!

INGREDIENTS
3 pounds chicken wings
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup all-purpose flour for coating
1 cup butter


SAUCE
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons water
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
1 teaspoon salt


DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Cut wings in half, dip in egg and coat with flour.
Heat butter in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Fry wings until deep brown. Place in a shallow roasting pan.

In a small bowl combine soy sauce, water, sugar, vinegar, garlic powder and salt. Pour over wings.

Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes, basting wings with sauce often.


Bon Appetit!
Japanese Style Chicken Wings on FoodistaJapanese Style Chicken Wings

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, they look very tasty!!

I came to your blog through Blissfully Domestic--nice to "meet" you!
:)

Melissa Peterman said...

Great idea! I'm always looking for new wing recipes!

 

Montrealaise en Californie | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates