April 22, 2008

Peanut & Sesame Noodle

So today I wanted to try something new. I didn't have all the ingredients but most of it. I replaced the soba noodles with linguine and I did not have any cucumber. It was easy and fun to make. Here are what each step looked like. Yeah, I'm a nut.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So the final opinion is that the kids liked it but hubby was so-so. Myself? I'm ok with it. Peanut butter was very strong in this recipe. The recipe is simple enough but I think it needed something extra. I'm sure the sesame seeds would of been good but the sauce itself not that great. I think I'll try to tweak this recipe. Make it tastier. Here's the recipe.

Peanut & Sesame Noodle

For peanut sauce

1/2 cup smooth peanut butter

1/4 cup soy sauce

1/3 cup warm water

1 tablespoon chopped peeled fresh ginger

1 medium garlic clove, chopped

2 tablespoons rice vinegar

1 1/2 tablespoons Asian toasted sesame oil

1 tablespoon honey

1 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes or a splash of the hot sauce or chili paste of your choice


For noodles

3/4 lb dried soba nooodles (dried linguine or thin spaghetti)

4 scallions, thinly sliced

1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/8-inch-thick strips

Half a seedless cucumber, thinly sliced

1 cup firm or extra-firm tofu, cubed

3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted


Purée the sayce ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth, about 2 minutes

Cook pasta in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water until tender.

Drain in a colander, then rinse well under cold water.


Add pasta, scallions, bell pepper, cucumber and tofu to sauce, tossing to combine.

Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and serve right away.

0 comments:

 

Montrealaise en Californie | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates