July 13, 2008

Bookshelves

Last night I got bored. I wanted to put some shelves in my son's room for his books. I found some cute ones in Land Of Nod but they would cost too much. I'm a bargain huntress! I saw these ledges with a lip at a mommy board. I loved the idea but they were too long. No problem! Hubby saw them to fit them perfectly. Good think it's wood and not MDF. They are from Ikea in case you are wondering. They are 31 1/8" but I needed 25". See the dilemma? I don't know if I should stain or paint them since the match my son's furniture. Here's what it looked like when I installed them. Sorry for the crooked picture.

Photobucket


And now with books!

Photobucket


He can reach the bottom ledge. My daughter can reach the second ledge so this can grow with him. Hubby thought it was too high for him. Well yes, NOW it is, but he is growing! I like to plan ahead of time so that I won't have to spend extra money or effort later on. Anyway, I'm happy with them since I didn't know what to do with that wall last year.
A bientot!

0 comments:

 

Montrealaise en Californie | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates