August 7, 2008

Mais maman! Je veux Snoopy!

This post will show everyone how old I am by showing you this item. I am not embarrass to say I am 3......mumbled number under my breath. That's right! Not embarrass at all! Now for you 80's children, do you remember this?

Photobucket


I do since I wanted one of these as a child but my parents never bought it for me. I know NOW why they didn't but at that time, I thought they were mean not to get it for me. Well a few days ago I was at Tarjay and I happen to see one. All alone at the end cap aisle. I picked it up and whoosh! childhood memories came back to me. I'll show my parents! I'll show them all by getting my Snoopy Snow Cone Maker! Oh yea, look how much I paid for it. Cool.

Photobucket


My children were telling me they wanted to eat ice. Hmmm okay. So out of the box and on my countertop. I read the instructions for the grape flavor thing. Ok, 1/2 cup of water, grape flavor packet and 1 cup of sugar...wha? Wha???!!! I think my eyes bugged out by reading one cup of sugar. Holy molly my kids are going to bounce off the walls. Yeah, mommy will use 3/4 cup instead. I know it should be a syrup but one cup? Wow. My children wanted t help and here some photo footage. My daughter took pictures of myself. Bless the child for not taking a photo of my whole body. People might be eating while reading my blog. Oh right, a disclaimer. Ahem.
***I would like to apologize to any fashionistas for my wardrobe. It was meant for comfort and not to impress my dog or the UPS/Fedex man. Some photos may show some undergarments. Parental guidance recommended especially if you have a teenage boy that just hit puberty. Doesn't take much for them as you know. Thank you and you have been warned.***

The syrup. Good Lord is really mostly sugar.

Photobucket

My daughter stirring with an Idianna Jones spoon.

Photobucket

My son wanted in on the action too.

Photobucket

Here I am reading the instrucstion for making snow cones. Don't laugh.

Photobucket

Just finished putting more ice I guess.

Photobucket

Ok, now I know why my parents didn't get it. That handle/crank, keeps falling off! UGH! I think I had to put it back together 10+ times! ARGH!
Photobucket

My son eating his snow cone.
Photobucket

I guess as long as they are happy, a sore arm is nothing.
Photobucket

Now let me tell you it isn't as easy as cranking to make the ice shavings. You have to crank and crank and crank and then the darn thing comes apart then you have to redo again.and again. and again. SOUPIR I don't see myself doing this everyday. I wanted one of these as a child and now I regret getting it. lol Have you guys ever bought something from your childhood and regretting it or was disapointed with it? Share it with me friends. It's good for your soul. Girl Angel

A bientot!

0 comments:

 

Montrealaise en Californie | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates