November 8, 2008

Un repas vite fait!

Last night I was babysitting my friend's daughter and I wanted to make a quick dinner that everyone will like. My friend said that her daughter doesn't like her way of making shrimp but likes mine. lol Three year old can be picky! I decided to make a pasta dish with shrimp. Something light yet tasty. Penne with shrimp in a light tomato cream sauce. Sorry for no step by step. I was busy cooking that I forgot but let me warn you that you will have 3 burners working at the same time. Ready? Go!

1 lb Penne
1 lb Raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (20-30 count is big enough for this dish)
7 oz Whole tomatoes, with juice, pureed
2 Cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbsp Heavy cream
4 tbsp Brandy
3 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp Olive oil
2 tbsp Parsley, chopped
Salt & black pepper

In a large pot filled with salted water, cook the pasta. In a small sauce pot, melt 1 1/2 TBSP of butter. Add the pureed tomatoes and its juice. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer it for about 10 minutes for it to reduce and get thicker.

In a large skillet on high heat, melt 1 1/2 tbsp of the butter and pour the olive oil. Add garlic and the shrimp. This is going to be a quick thing since they will get cooked in about 2-3 minutes. Use a thong to flip them over when one side is turning pink. Add the Brandy and stir.

When pasta is cooked, drain but keep the pasta water for the sauce.

Now add the tomato sauce into the skillet. Add about a cup of that pasta water. Now add the cream and parsley. Stir and serve! A nice salad and homemade dinner rolls make the meal complete!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's a quick meal that just requires 3 different pans to cook it in. The verdict from my friend's daughter? Yummy. lol I know she is reading this so here's one recipe of mine for shrimp meals. Now your shrimp won't get "yucky".

*ducking head for anything thrown at me*
Bon Appetit!

1 comments:

Jodee said...

My hubby would love that! I will pass the recipe on to him since he does all of the cooking at our house!

 

Montrealaise en Californie | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates