February 2, 2009

Petit dejeuner. Breakfast.

I am a bad example for my kids when it comes to breakfast. As a child, my mom would let us sometimes eat whatever we want in the morning; cake, pie, donuts, etc. She would also make eggs, bacon, french toast, chorizo, pancakes, ect. Nothing instant.

Now, I try sneak in some Coke sometimes if I forget to drink coffee, eat cake or muffins when my kids are not looking. Last year I did try to eat healthier so I started eating oatmeal, cream of wheat, English toasts, scrambled eggs, etc. I am doing better this year so far.

Now, I have never eaten oatmeal until 6 years ago. My coworker would bring some to eat at the office. I was curious but wasn't too crazy about breakfast out of a box and just add water. Yes, a bit snobbish but I was used to fresh ingredients being used. Today, I make instant oatmeal but I add milk instead. Makes it taste MUCH better. Try it! You'll notice a taste to your oatmeal or cream of wheat.

I buy the Quaker Instant Oatmeal(white rectangular box) in Maple Sugar or Vanilla & Almonds. Well during a little trip at Trader Joes, I happen to see an oatmeal box that uses whole grains and cranberries. Hmmm. Sounds interesting. I bought a box (even though I just bought 2 new boxes the day before) and had some this morning.

Photobucket

How was it? Delicious! So much better than Quaker (sorry) and I love the tartness of the cranberries. They also have a blueberry version which I will buy on my next visit. Even my little monster loved it. Here's proof!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

If you eat oatmeal, try it! It cost under $4 but is sooo good! I can't wait to try the blueberry one!

Bon Appetit!

0 comments:

 

Montrealaise en Californie | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates