March 2, 2009

Roast Pork with thyme - Roti de porc au thym

When I get tired of making pasta or beef dishes for dinner, I try to make pork meals to change things up. I always buy pork tenderloin but this time I wanted to try a pork loin instead. I am always afraid that it might get to dry since pork is lean. My daughter had thirds at dinner time and to me that's always a thumbs up! I like my meat to be a bit pink but if you are scared, cook it fully (internally 165+).

Photobucket


Roast Pork with Thyme
1 3lbs Pork Loin
1/3 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
1 pkg Dry Onion soup
1 1/2 tsp Dry Thyme
2 Egg whites,beaten
Salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 400.

Rinse and pat dry your pork loin. Season your pork with salt and pepper.

Photobucket

In a pyrex dish, mix the onion mix, breabcrumbs and thyme all together. In another pyrex dish or pie plate, pour the beaten egg whites.

Photobucket

Put the pork loin in the egg white mixture and turn it to cover it thoroughly.

Now dredge the pork in the breadcrumbs and make sure everything is well coated.

Put your pork loin in a baking dish that has been coated with olive oil or cooking spray.

Photobucket

Cook the pork for 1 hour or until the meat is fully cooked (165 internally) or longer if you do not like some "pink". Once cooked, let it rest for 10 minutes. Slice it up and serve with potatoes.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Bon Appetit!

1 comments:

jenbusymom said...

Looks good! Is your granite yellow brazil? I'm sure we got the exact same as yours, do you love it?

 

Montrealaise en Californie | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates