May 26, 2009

Yard sale season.

Yup, it's that time again in Nor Cal. Yard Sale Season! The weather is nice so getting people to come to one is easy now.

I was on my way to do some grocery shopping on Saturday morning when I saw the sign. Hmm...I can spend a few minutes before getting my groceries, right? Right! So almost an hour later *blush* and $22 poorer, I came out with many trucks, little ponies, rocket, new books, new puzzles and a cool rug for my son's room. I got lucky since it was a whole gated community having the yard sale. Parked once and walked the rest of the way.

Here's the rug I got for $5. That's correct! I was willing to spend $20 when I saw it but the ticket price was $5. I quickly snatched it up along with a rocket and some puzzles. The only flaw I saw is that the seam material coming undone. Easily fixed with a needle and thread.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Once home, I washed the rug since I wanted to make sure it was clean and sanitize. It's a thing with me. My son loves it! Got all his cars and started parking them in the public parking lot, the church's parking lot, etc. Right now there's cars all over the "community".

Photobucket

Looks like my first yard sale went well. Lets hope it'll stay that way until October/November.

Have you guys been going to yard sales? Any great finds? Please share!

A Bientot!

0 comments:

 

Montrealaise en Californie | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates