August 23, 2009

Say "Cheeeeese!"

Today, we had guests for dinner. My husband's childhood best friend with his girlfriend. The last time we saw each other was at my son's baptism, 3 years ago. Wow. Time really flies! Those 2 guys still keep in touch but don't see each other often because of schedules and distance.

Since our friends were coming by at 3pm, I wanted to have some appetizers ready for them until dinner was ready. I didn't put out too much food since it was only 2 people coming. I have to say that I really liked snacking at the cheese platter. The Boursin was quite good but I like soft cheeses with herbs. I also enjoyed the Manchego as well. Those pots at the background? Yeah, all needed to make dinner. lol

Photobucket

Photobucket

I made Pasticio for dinner with some steamed greens. A simple meal. Nothing fancy. They brought dessert so that was one less thing to make. They brough a Tuxedo Cake and a Foster Banana Cream Pie. Yum! This weekend has been full of sweets in this house.

We talked, laughed and watched my son "showing off" while they were there. Ah boys! They are different from girls indeed. Finally the sugar from the cake kicked in and my daughter was at full speed like her brother. sigh. It was getting late and they had an hour drive back home so we bid our goodbyes to them and got the children ready for bed. All is quiet now. Ahh silence is golden!

It was great seeing you Liz & Nathan. Next time I'll take your advice and maybe get take out. lol

A Bientot!

0 comments:

 

Montrealaise en Californie | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates