January 12, 2010

Bake Salmon with a Pecan Coating

In our family, we eat fish at least once a week plus any seafood dishes too. It's good for them to broaden their palate and not be so squeamish in trying new foods. My husband loves salmon so I decided to make it for dinner. It's also a quick meal to prepare if you have less than 30 minutes to cook.

Ingredients.

Photobucket

3 large fillets of salmon
1/2 cup Panko
1/2 cup Pecans, chopped finely
3 tbsp Butter, melted
3 tbsp Dijon mustard (I didn't have Dijon so I used regular mustard)
5 tsp Honey
2 tsp Parsley (3 tsp if fresh)
Salt and pepper


Preheat oven to 400.

In a small bowl, mix the mustard, honey and melted butter. Whisk well.

Photobucket

In another small bowl, combine the panko, parsley and chopped pecans. Mix well.

Photobucket

In a baking dish, spray it with non stick spray and place your salmon fillets. Season them with salt and pepper.

Brush the fillets with the honey mustard mixture then coat the top with the pecan coating.

Photobucket

Cook the salmon 10 minutes for every 1" thick. Mine took me about 20 minutes.

Now cut your fillets in 2 unless you are my husband and eat the whole fillet. He doesn't care that a normal serving is 4 ounce. lol

I served mine with a butter salad and orzo with some spinach. The coating is nice and has a nice crunch. I liked the honey mustard on the salmon. A nice change.

Photobucket


Bon Appetit!

5 comments:

Tracy said...

OMGoodness!!!! My family LOVES Salmon!! Thanks for the recipe! I cook it once a week and normally use Caribbean Jerk Seasoning (which is delicious), but you had me at Pecans!! Thanks for sharing. Printing now and sharing with my office girls. Have a great day!

BAILEY said...

This looks declicious. My husband is picky about fish, but I think he would like this recipe. I will have to try it next month. This week I am trying your Beef and Broccoli recipe. Yum!

Thanks for sharing.

Wanda said...

We eat salmon at least twice a week. Even the kiddies love it. What a great recipe. Crunchy - can't wait to try it.

We're having salmon tonight but I don't have peacans. Another time.

Thanks.

CDC said...

I am making salmon tomorrow night, but I think I'm going to switch from my recipe to a version of this! Thanks for posting!

jenbusymom said...

That looks great! We had fish last night too, only we had trout and crab. Madison likes the trout but the the crab wasn't a winner with either of our girls.

 

Montrealaise en Californie | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates