March 9, 2011

Lent.

To my Catholic friends and readers, today is the first day of Lent.  For non-Catholics, Lent last for 40 days and is a preparation for Easter. It's a time to sacrifice, pray , do penance and do good work.

I have chosen to give up my Coke for Lent. I LOVE LOVE LOOOOVE Coke. I was thinking of giving up chocolate but it would be a cope out since I can go weeks without chocolate. This will be hard and I hope I'll have enough self control and not drink a sip of it. I will ask my husband and my children to help me not drink it too.

If you are Christian, what are you giving up for Lent?

A Bientot!

2 comments:

pippasmum said...

I don't know how often you are in Canada but I am addicted to Tim Horton's Iced Caps... that's my Lent fast this year. It will be tough! Good luck with the Coke!

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Lent is a wonderful time for reflection on our lives. A few years ago, I heard a priest say that we don't always have to give up something but can begin something good. Since then, each Lent I have been trying to incorporate a healthy habit along with almsgiving. This year is flossing everyday!! I think it is as hard as giving up something!!

 

Montrealaise en Californie | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates