October 24, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

Halloween is soon coming upon us and that means pumpkins are needed. A few weeks ago, we all went to the pumpkin patch near our home with my father-in-law and his girlfriend. Davis Ranch in Sloughhouse always have a Festival in October. There's vendors, food, bouncy house, pony rides and free hayrides. Perfect for an inexpensive family outing.
We looked at all the vendots and purchased a few items since I knew I was going to buy a lot of pumkins. lol We had lunch there and it was yummy! My son would eat any thing that we offered to him. The child likes to eat and yet stays so slim! Wished I had his metabolism. lol
We went ahead and took a hayride to the pumpkin patch to choose out pumpkins. I think we bought 6 or 7 pumpkins and it cost us about $16. Not bad I think.
This weekend I will be carving some of those pumpkins while keeping 2 or 3 unscathed for Thanksgiving. We also went home with corn and some kettle pop corn given by my FIL and his girlfriend. That was my second time eating it and it's pretty good! I never bought some because my first one was gross. Maybe it was a bad batch? Anyway, I'll buy some from now on whenever I see it.
For those who celebrate Halloween, do you have your pumpkins ready? I wished I could carve mine now but it will get disgusting after 2 days in our weather.

A Bientot!

0 comments:

 

Montrealaise en Californie | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates